About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Sunday, December 14, 2008

How I test my sugar

Due to the fact that I have gestational diabetes, I have to test my sugar levels four times a day. I check it right when I wake up in the morning, then after every meal. My levels have to be above 60 and below 140. So far just changing my diet to the one the nutritionist gave me, I have kept my levels with in those numbers. Except friday night when I went to Chick fe la and they gave me regular lemonade instead of diet lemonade which I had asked. Here are some pictures that show just how I test.
Here are all my tools to check my sugar:
meter, needle, notebook to record numbers
Here I am pricking my finger, pricking
on my pinky works the best
Here is my needle and my meter with
my sugar number after breakfast on Sunday


Funny story from the weekend! Bella likes to cuddle with me on the couch just as she is doing in the picture. On Saturday, she was laying on the couch with me with her head on my belly. All of a sudden Ava decided to kick or hit and started moving alot. Bella looked up as if to say, "What in the world was that". She laid back down and just as she got comfortable again, Ava again kicked or punched out. So needless to say, Bella just looked at me again and changed positions.
They say dogs have a great sense of smell. Well, Bella has known I was pregnant from the very beginning. All through my pregancy, she has been extra protective of me and most of the time will not let me be out of her sight.





No comments: