About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Monday, December 8, 2008

27 Weeks and Gestational Diabetes!

Here are some updated pictures of what I look like at 27 weeks Pregnant! Adam and I decorated the house and Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend. Then this past weekend, I finished up all of the Christmas shopping and wrapped all of the presesents. I was at the Town Center mall at 9:00 am and was finished wrapping everything by 4:00 pm! WHEW, I was warn out!

I am really feeling good but last week I took the 3-hour gestational diabetes test and failed it. Which means that I have gestational diabetes. On Wednesday, (12/10), I go to a class to meet with a nutrionist and to get my meter to check my blood sugar, 4 times a day. Then in a week, I go back to my OBGYN to review my sugar levels and see if just a change in diet will help the diabetes or if I need to go on insulin. I have already, cut out all desserts and are counting my carbs and sugars even before they give me a strict diet. Gestational diabetes is very common but it is still scary. The big fear is that Ava will get too large and I will have to have a
C-Section or she will come early. Another fear is that she could develope diabetes or become obese as a child. Even though it is no fun to not eat any desserts during the holidays, birth day, and showers, my main focus is my precious child and I will eat whatever I need to keep her safe and healthy!


Close up of my belly at 27 weeks



The full view with our Christmas tree


Bella was not happy being a reindeer!

2 comments:

Medcalf Crew said...

Cute dress!! Bella looks great ;) We are praying for you and baby Ava-hope the class is helpful and not boring.

love,
carri

Donna Medcalf said...

You look wonderful!!!
Love,
Mom and Dad