About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Its bottle time!

I have been waiting for this day!!

Ava drank 15cc (1/2 of an ounce)
Tonight was a great night!! I was able to feed Ava with a bottle tonight. We were up at the hospital about 5:00 pm and the nurse asked if I had fed her with a bottle yet and would I like to at her 6:00 feeding. Of course I did. Well, Miss Priss got hungry about 5:45 so I was able to get started early. She did a great job and ate half of her feeding with the bottle and she ate the rest through her feeding tube. But even better news came via a phone call from the nurse later tonight. Ava ate her entire 9:00 feeding from her bottle. YEAH! More practice will come in the next few days. Hopefully Ava is on her way to her homecoming!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby! I am so thrilled at the great strides Ava is making. God is so good and gracious and all-powerful and it is so evident in your little princess! i will keep praying for her strength each day! take care and keep up with the postings!

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

Yeah for such a big girl! I remember those days well with my girl who got her ticket to the NICU for refusing to eat. Cheering over the cc's brings back sweet memories. What a fast learner you guys have - she doubled her skills in 3 hours!!
Love you,
E

Mom&Dad to A & J said...

PS. A woke with the cold J was fighting last week - I'm really glad we didn't come share, but I missed you!

Anonymous said...

We so enjoy seeing Ava improve each day. She is so beautiful and I know she has captured your hearts with so much love. His gifts are the very best !!

Laura Lilly said...

Abby, I'm Lindi's friend and an old friend of Adam's~I've been keeping up w/ your blog and the bottle feeding made me so happy for you and little Ava! I've been praying for little Ava and have been so blessed seeing all of her awesome progress. She is such a cutie. Congrats on your growing girl!