About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Monday, January 5, 2009

The time line of events

Thank you for all of those who have visted the blog and I love reading all of the comments. Thank you so much for all of the love, support and prayers. Many people have asked me, Adam and my parents about the "time line" of the events. So here is a little bit of an overview of what has happened in Adam and I's life in the last three weeks.

December 17th:
I woke up about 1:00 am and was bleeding and cramping a little bit. Adam and I got to the labor and delivery department at Kennestone Hospital. I was having contractions about 3 to 5 minutes apart. I was 90% effaced and 1 to 1 1/2 centimeters dilated. The doctor and nurses came in and gave me a variety of medicines and steriods and finally got my contractions and labor stopped. I was told I had a slight abruption with my placenta and was put on bedrest at the hospital.

December 17th-25th:
I was on bedrest at Kennestone Hospital. Amazing experience, the doctors and nurses there were fabulous!

December 25th-December 30th:
I was on bedrest at home.

December 30th:
I woke up about 3:30 am bleeding alot and contractions. We went to the hospital again, I went into full on labor (with out any medicine). The doctor came in and looked at me and said it was time for an emergency C-Section. I had a c-section and Ava was born at 4:45 am. Both Ava and I did great, after the c-section.

Ava is now in the NICU and is doing very well. She is breathing on her own and is now even sucking on a pacifier. She is very advance!!

Thank you for all of your prayers, love and suport. We are so blessed and God is showing up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Abby,
The Lord is amazing! You look great! Ellen and I have been praying for you and Little Ava! It is so exciting to see how good the both of you look! I keep thinking of the old saying-that good things come in small packages! That is so true of both you and Ava! Thanks for sharing your journey with us! We will continue to pray for the both of you! Welove and miss you! Lara and Ellen McMickle

Kelly Rae said...

She is beautiful and we are so thankful for His goodness!!!!