About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moving on up!

Well Miss Ava has now been moved from the intestive care section of the NICU to the intermediate section of the NICU. This means that she has now become a "growing/feeder". This means that all she has to do now is grow and gain weight and also to learn to eat on her own. She is no longer considered "high risk". This is a great relief to Adam and I. Ava should still be in the NICU for about 4 to 5 more weeks, but all she really has to do now is get bigger. She is out of the "danger" zone, which helps me sleep a little better at night. She is amazing and it is incredible to see how God is truely working in her little life each and every day. Thank you for your continued love, support and prayers. I can truely feel them.

I also need to compliment my sweet husband on my beautiful blue topaz necklace he gave me for my "push present". Adam gave me blue topaz because that is Ava's birthstone (December). The necklace is absolutely gorgeous and I could not ask for a more perfect present!

6 comments:

Tessa said...

PRAISE THE LORD!! GOD IS SO GOOD!!

We will continue to be in prayer for Ava's growth! That she will learn to suck on a bottle or learn to nurse -- this will be a hard and frustrating part of the journey for you. It can be a long process. My kids both struggled here. But with all the prayers you have God can do anything!

Vasilas family

Anonymous said...

I know your Mother's heart truly rejoices over every ounce little Ava gains. She is definitely a fighter and so-o-o-o beautiful, too!

With a thankful heart, praising our Lord for all He has done, I send my love to you, Adam and little Ava!

Judy

Ashleigh said...

YAY!!! Wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

What a mighty mighty God we serve! Abbey, I am delighted to hear of the progress that is being made! I know you are rejoicing as well! Ava seems to be a tough cookie...like her mommy no less! Keep posting! Love the pics!

Katy said...

Abbey, I just want you to know that I've been praying for little Ava and you and Adam. I can't imagine this journey but I'm so encourage to see how God is carrying you & your family through. He is so amazingly GOOD and FAITHFUL.

Also, how is baby Noah doing?

Patti said...

I'm a little slow, but I finally figured out how to post a comment. I so enjoy reading your blog and looking at the photos as I keep up with Ava's progress. How wonderful that she is doing so well and has been moved to intermediate care. My prayers continue daily and I know God will continue to take care of Ava and have her home to you soon. Love Patti