About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Friday, May 29, 2009

a letter to Ava

Dear Ava,

Tomorrow you will turn five months old! Wow how time has flown since that scarely December early morning. I remember the first time your daddy rolled me down to the NICU to see you. You were all hooked up to every kind of tube imginable. I remember your little toes, your little hands and your sweet little nose. My fondest memory of your first few days of life is getting to hold you for the firs time. I remember you were crying as the nurse took you out of your warm isolet. As they placed you in my arms for the first time, you stopped crying and I started crying. I was your mommy. The one that would change hundereds of diapers, change your clothes, give you a bathe, feed you in the early morning hours. Your mommy, the one who would walk you into your first day of preschool, drive you to all of your fun activities, host your friends at crazy sleep overs and sneak in at night as your slept and pray for you. Your mommy, the one who would be there for you as your first "boyfriend" broke you heart and cheer you up with a "girls day" of tea at a girly restuarant and manicures. I will be there to help you pick out your prom dress and help do your hair and make up. I am your mommy, I will be the one who is the first one to call when you meet your prince charming and he proposes, and I will be the one that will hug you and and pray for you as I watch you ride off into the sunset with your new man and name. I am your mommy, the one who will be there and support you as you become a mommy yourself.

How do I know this?? Because I have a mommy! The lady you call Grammy, is my mommy and she did all the things that I can't wait to do with you, she did with me. I am thankful each day, that God blessed me with an incredible mom, so that one day when God saw fit He blessed me with you, to be your mommy!

No comments: