About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th


The Flag drapping the Pentagon

NewYork City after 9/11


A plane hitting one of the Towers


The second plan heading towards Tower 2


Since today marks the 7th anniversary of 9/11, it has caused me to reflect. I can still remember where I was, what I was doing when the first plane crashed into Tower 1. I was 24 years old at Southeastern Seminary. I was in the library doing some research for a paper before I had to be in class. That is when someone said that a plane had crashed into the one of the towers on the World Trade Center. Many of us thought it was not big deal because just a few weeks before a young man had run his small personal plane into a building in NY so we thought it was some sort of copy catter. But, it ended up being so much worse then that. All of us in the library gathered around one of the main TV's in the library to watch the coverage. Then we saw the second plan hit the tower and heard that there was still a third plane that was unaccounted for. Later, that plane went down in Pennsylvannia.

While watching the coverage of the tragedy, the news people said that one of the planes that had hit the towers was on its way to Boston. That is all I heard, but I knew that my brother was suppose to fly to Boston that week. I frantically called his office and his cell phone. When he finally answered the phone, I actually dropped my phone! When I picked it back up and heard his voice I just lost it and started bawling and crying hysterically. Being the "sensative" brother that he is, he asked me what my problem was and why I was so upset. I told him I had heard that one of the planes that had crashed was heading towards Boston. He said that was sweet that I was concerned but he was fine and was not actually scheduled to fly out until later in the week. Which actually ended up being cancelled. At school that afternoon we had a special prayer service and prayed for those who had lost family members, the President, Guilliani and others involved in the tragedy. 9/11 defined my generation! We are forever changed because of the events that took placed that day. I thank God each day when I am saying the Pledge of Allegiane at school, that we live in a free country and I am thankful to all those who are continuing to fight to keep us free ( Thanks especially to BRENT!! ).

No comments: