About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Friday, November 18, 2011

End of an era

1999-2011

Yesterday was the end of an era. I sold Holly the Honda. It was a sad and reflective day because Holly and I have made some great memories together. I have driven Holly for almost 12 years. I bought her in 1999, right after my horrific wreck that totaled my first car Sally the Saturn. In the last 12 years Holly and l have lived life together, both the good times and the bad. Here are a few of the memories that were made in my little Holly.

  • Went to SEBTS
  • Internship at FBCW
  • First Job as Elementary Associate at FBCW
  • Meeting, dating and becoming engaged to Adam
  • Working at Noonday
  • Working at Cherokee Christian
  • Infertility Treatements
  • Ava's stay in the NICU
  • Ava's first (almost) 3 years of life
  • Countless road trips, girls night outs and many adventures
So yesterday I allowed myself to cry and even mourn the passing of an era. Though I am sad to see Holly the Honda go, I am excited about my "new to me" Toyota 4-Runner! Now it is time to name the new car...what should it be?

No comments: