About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Monday, November 29, 2010

Nobody puts baby in a corner!

So Ava handled the little slide with no problem



So why not do the big slide



Today went went to DAC kids because the weather outside was definitely frightful! Ava loves playing on the jumpies, huge sandbox and indoor tree house. At Dac's there is a large slide in the shape of a boat, which most of the bigger and older children play on. Well, last week Ava went down the slide by herself and loved it, but she wanted Mommy to carry her up the ladder to the slide. No wonder I am so sore! But today after watching a older boy climb up the ladder, she decided she wanted to do it too. She is a little bit too short (shocker), to climb up by herself, but with a little step on Mommy's hand, she climbed up all by herself! There is nothing this little miracle girl can't do if she puts her mind and strong will to!!
These last two weeks Ava has had would I like to call a "preemie jump"! To me it means, that for many months we will struggle with getting to the next mile stone and then all of a sudden there is a huge jump in ability. So now Ava is climbing, playing and physically doing all the things her older friends (2 1/2-3 1/2) year olds are doing. Lately, I have really worrried about her speech, it has been a challenge to get her to say some words. Well, now all of a sudden she is using new words every day and even putting them together in 2 and 3 word phrases...her favorite being "No Mommy"!! Oh how blessed I am feeling today! My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing and my favorite line from that movie is, "Nobody puts baby in a corner"! That is what I think about with Ava. Watch out world, this little preemie is unstoppable!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That place sounds like fun. Where is it? Ava is a strong little girl!
Melissa Felker