About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lots of Firsts!!

Mommy and Ava

Daddy and Ava

Mommy, Ava and Grammy


Ava and McClellen



Hudson and Brad having fun in the ocean


Hudson loved the ocean

Ava was not thrilled with her first touch of the ocean

At the beach Ava practiced sitting by herself

Ava loved her little pool

Ava and Doc

Courtney, Ivey, Lauren and Campbell: Mommy's friends
from birth sharing in Ava's first Furman game!


Hudson, McClellen and Ava with Grammy at the Furman game


All the kids at the game: Ava, Hudson, McClellen, Campbell and Ivey!

Ava at the Furman football game tailgate with her My Little Pony.
Mommy used to play with My Little Ponies with Courtney and Lauren
when they were little girls!
Adam and Abbey on the faris wheel at the Upstate Fair!!

Ava has had quite an adventure the last few weeks. Our first stop was in Greenville. While Grammy and Doc babysat Ava, mommy and daddy enjoyed the Upstate Fair at the Pickens County Speedway. Secondly, it was time for Furman Football!! Ava enjoyed her first tailgate and football game with her friends Ivey and Campbell and cousins McClellen and Hudson. Ava especially hard for family friend Jordan Sorrells who is the Furman Quarterback! Mommy bought My Little Ponies for all of the girls. The reason is that when Mommy, Courtney (Ivey's mommy) and Lauren (Campbell's mommy), were little girls they used to play My Little Ponies together during the football games instead of watching the football games. Then the last and most fun thing Ava did was spend a week at the beach with Mommy, Daddy, Grammy, Doc, Brad, Carri, Hudson and McClellen. There were fun times at the beach, playing in the sand, feeling the waves on her little feet, splashing in her little pool, walks with mommy and daddy and play time with Hudson and McClellen. It was such a blessing to be able to spend such a special time with an incredible family.
The week at the beach I (Abbey) was very emotional for me. I cried on the way shopping, answering a simple question and I even cried as I read the history of the family who's house we stayed in. The reason I was so emotional was that I was just overwhelmed with the blessings and grace that God has given me this year! I never would have thought just a few years ago that I could have gone through and not only survived but thrived through through the trials and tribulations. I am so grateful to my family for being there for me and Adam as we went through the journey of infertility and the first very scary months of Ava's life! That fact rang true to me when the realization of all that Adam and I went through, happened to my family too. Even though I was the one in pain from not having a child and I was the one who was "bleeding out" and fearing that I would loose my first born, my family where having to deal with saddness and pain right along with me. I am so grateful for parents, big brother and an amazing sister in law (minus the in law part), that have prayed with me, cried with me and even let me be mad and cuss this last year. My tongue and my brain do not have the ability to express the words that can tell them how much I love them and are thankful for them. All I can do is say thank you and that I love you!!!

No comments: