About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Weighing the Consequences!

Ava and I had a funny experience this morning...well now it is funny! After Ava had breakfast we sat at her little table to work on her bear puzzle. She loves it because you can make the bear have a different head, shirt and pants, and switch them all around. She played with the puzzle for a few minutes and then said, "I all done.". I said that is fine, but we have to clean up. Ava looked at me and said no, and then ran off! I went after her and brought her back to the table and told her to clean up again. She again looked at me and said, "No."! Do you sense a pattern?? After the second No, I told her she could either clean up or get a pinch. After reading Dr. Dobson's Dare to Discipline, we give her a very slight pinch on the fatty part of the back of her leg, instead of spanking. When we have spanked Ava she usually laughs and spanks us back. So back to this morning. After I asked Ava if she wanted to clean up or a pinch, she paused for a second, cocked her head and said, "PINCH"!! That is what happened!! She got and pinch and then she cleaned up! It is never a dull moment


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Discipline is NO fun! We are dealing with the exact same things right now!