About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Friday, September 9, 2011

In His Grip!

On the mends! Enjoying a popscicle



"For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."


What an exciting day we had today at the park! Ava and I met some friends to have playtime and a picnic together at my friend Rebekah's neighborhood park. The day was going great, the kids were playing and the weather was absolutely wonderful. Ava was being her usual daredevil self and climbed up on top of one of the highest equipment at the park. I did not notice that another little boy was up there with her. I had just started walking over to check on her and PUSH!! The little boy pushed her off the side of the equipment...about 10 to 12 feet in the high. As she was falling she hit against the climbing ladder. While she was falling her foot and a little bit of her arm got caught for just a second in the rungs of the later. It looked terrible, but it actually slowed her descent to the ground tremendously! When I got to her, her little eyes were open wide and she had a few tears coming down her face. I think the fall knocked the breath out of her because it took her a minute to cry. I looked in her eyes, felt her arms and legs and felt her belly too. She was just fine, nothing broken and nothing bleeding!

A few minutes later, after some rest and a big hug, she was off running, climbing, sliding and having fun. I on the other hand just about fell apart! I was so mad at the little boys nanny/babysitter who was not paying attention to what the little boy was doing. She made the boy apologize and then he had to have time out (what a joke!). I was seething with anger but I knew just to walk to the other side of the playground with Ava and just take a minute so that I did not do or say anything I might regret later!

Once I cooled down I was praising God for the protection He gave to my sweet Ava when she fell. As she was falling, the only prayer I could get out was Jesus help! I am so thankful that Ava is just fine and the only mark from her fall is a small scratch under her eye. She is now sleeping peacefully in her bed. Thankful that we are all at home right now, all in one piece!

2 comments:

Medcalf Crew said...

Yikes! Yikes! Triple Yikes! Soo glad that she is ok. That sounds super-scary!!

Nicole said...

Wow. So glad she is okay. Just reading that almost made me tear up from just the terror that you had to feel at watching that happen. So glad she is okay...
How old was that little boy? So scary...