About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas: 2010

Making cookies for Santa



Look what Santa brought me!


Princess 4-wheeler


My First Computer


Rocking Horse

McClellen working on her yoga

All the Abbey great grandkids
Ava, McClellen, Nathan, Kate, Isaac, Emily, Hudson, Timothy, Jack, Erin, Elizabeth

Me-Me and Bob-Bob with all their great grandkids


Our house Christmas night after the snow!




Every two years our extended family gets together. It is the Abbey Family gathering. In case you were wondering that is why my name is Abbey. My grandmother Me-Me's maiden name is Abbey, so that is how I got my name. My grandmother Me-Me, growing up had three other siblings, Me-Me (margie), Ruth, Bill and Ted. Fun fact the four children were childhood friends of Truett Cathy of Chick fe La. Another fun fact my great Uncle Ted (who is in Heaven now), had a paper route as a child with Mr. Cathy. Adam, Ava and I were glad to be in attendance this year because the last time we had the Abbey Gathering, I was on bedrest, being pregnant with Ava. I was again reminded today, how far my little family, and especially my miracle baby Ava has come these past two years!
Today was started by Ava waking up to see what Santa had brought her. She was a good girl this year and got a Disney Princess 4-wheeler, rocking horse, My first Computer, and an Elmo playdough toy. We had an added bonus this Christmas because Grammy and Doc spent Christmas Eve with us and helped us enjoy Christmas morning together. After seeing what Santa brought, we got ready and headed for the family reunion. It was so fun, getting to spend time with extended family. This evening with had an added surprise, with a white Christmas. At our house we had about 2-3 inches of snow, and it is beautiful! Today was just another reminder of just how many blessing God, in His graciousness, has given to me and my family!

No comments: