About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Little Scare

On Friday night we had a little scare...okay a really big scare. I was over at my friend's Kelly E. house for a birthday party for Kelly S. We had just eaten some yummy lasagna, salad and bread. Kelly S. had just finished openning up her presents and we were just laughing and having a good time. I went to the restroom and there my scare began. I called my doctor's office and the nurse on call told me, after I explained my symptoms, that the best thing for me to do would be to go on into the Emergency Room. I had to go to the ER instead of Labor and Delivery because the hospital does not consider an unborn child a baby, until 20 weeks and I will be 19 weeks on Monday. So we went to the ER at Kennestone Hospital at 10:00 pm. Which was quite an experience. They got us back quickly to a room, had me put on a lovely hospital gown and hooked me to an IV for fluids. After a while the doctor came in, who looked like Warrick from CSI Las Vegas! He exammed me a little and asked me some questions. I then went and had to have a full exam and everything checked out great! Then they wheeled me on a stretcher, in my beautiful hospital gown, to recieve an ultrasound. Once in ultrasound, the tech looked at the baby and saw that everything was great! (Sigh of relief). We were able to hear the heartbeat (which made me bust out in tears), see the heart (including the 4-chambers of the heart), the brain, bladder, little arms and little legs. Our baby is perfect! She asked if we wanted to know the gender of the baby. Even though it was 1:30 am at this point, I resisted because I am going back to my OBGYN on Monday for a planned appointment to find out the gender. My mom and Adam's mom are both coming to experience the excitement. So this weekend I am just taking it easy and thanking God that all went well and that the baby is still doing great.

On the way to the hospital the two verses that came to my mind were, "The Lord is my rock, my strength and my salvation, I will not be shakened." and also "The Lord giveth and the Lord, taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord." I was not sure what the outcome was going to be, I just knew that the MIGHTY GOD I serve already knew the outcome and I just prayed that no matter what happened God would be glorified through me and through my child. Thankfully, the outcome was wonderful and me and my precious baby are great!

PS. I never knew I could love someone so much, that I have not met yet nor know their name!

1 comment:

Kristin Espinosa said...

I'm glad everything checked out OK! Isn't it amazing how you can love someone so much and they've done nothing intentional for you - ever. It is unconditional love personified.