About Me

My photo
Adam and I were married on March 25, 2006. We have two precious girls, Ava and Anna. Here is our story. "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand!"

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of K3


                                         Ava getting into the car after a great first day


                                         Walking to the car like a big girl....sniff, sniff


                                               Putting her bag in her cubby

 
                           Picking up her heart of the door, to show she was here today


                                              Ready for the first day of school...K3


                                           The traditional "on the front steps" picture

Today was Ava's first day of K3!  I am not sure who was more nervous, she or I!  Okay, I was more nervous because she slept great last night and I didn't really go to be until way after midnight.  I was so nervous about her new teacher (who is wonderful), making new friends, going to the potty at school and the waiting and walking to my car at pick up time.  All of my worries have been set aside...well a little bit anyways.  She did great!  She walked right into class, said hello to her new friends and even followed the teacher's instructions perfectly.  At the end of the day, she walked confidently to my car carrying her little blue school bag.  I will have to admit that as I was sitting in car line and saw her walk out of the school building and wait for me to pull up, I got a little teary eyed.  How did she get so grown up all of a sudden.  I feel like I dropped off my little girl this morning and a few hours later, I picked up a big girl.  I am so very thankful for the wonderful preschool that Ava's attends and thankful that she had a wonderful first day!

No comments: